6.9.08

Taking the Plunge

After going out to dinner for my sister's birthday, and having more bites of her ice cream dessert than I care to admit, I was completely guilt-ridden and decided to head to the gym. Friday nights are the time to be at the gym!! Or, not, as it was almost completely empty! It was great- I felt like I had the whole place to myself (with only two or three other people there). I did my usual 40 minutes on the elliptical, 20 on the stair climber, then moved over to the weight machines.

I was doing this arm/tricep one, guess I was doing it wrong cause this guy stopped me and showed me how to do it right. (Yeah, I wasn't even FACING the right way!) I recognized him as a trainer who works there - even though he wasn't in uniform and was there to obviously just work out. But he helped me on all sorts of machines for the next hour and I decided I was hooked, so I promptly signed up for 6 sessions with him.

My first session with Tyler is next week - I'm actually pretty excited. I've been having a lot of success at the gym on my own, seeing results every week, but I figured I could definitely benefit with some guidance. I've been toying with the idea of getting a trainer, and after realizing just how clueless I am when it comes to weight-lifting, I decided to just go for it.

I must say though, I am a little shocked at how much it costs! Fifty minutes with a trainer is more than I make an hour, which just kinda surprised me. But I realized December is only a few short months away and I need to get movin'!

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

I have been thinking about that too, but I haven't "plunged". :) Partly because I don't know if I could actually keep a schedule with trying to work around the kids' schedule and all, but partly because I'm happy with how things are going weight-wise (lifting weights... not dropping pounds... but maybe both).

I'm so freakin' proud of you for how you are totally kicking butt at this! I can't wait to see the new Jill! You totally have to come to Florida for the big reveal! :)

Nikki said...

Seriously.. I'm so impressed with you and Keri and your commitment to exercise!

Can't wait to see how much you lost this week.. send me an email!!