8.9.08

I'm a Stinky Magnet!

No, I'm not stinky, but I do have an uncanny ability to attract very smelly people.

Seriously! Today I was surrounded by stinky people where ever I went! I was standing in line waiting for the bus this morning and this homeless man wandered up and totally violated my personal space circle - and he just reeked of alcohol - REALLY strong! (Technically, I'm not sure if he was in fact homeless, but I couldn't think of any other reason for smelling like that at 8 am on a Monday morning!) Then on my ride home from work this evening, at the last stop downtown, I see this man literally throwing out his cigarette as he was stepping onto the bus, and even though the bus wasn't full, I just KNEW where he was heading, right next to me.

So then I figured, it's just the bus. Stinky people ride the bus...but then, I was at the gym tonight? Yes, I know, people are working out, it's sweaty, there is a certain level of expectancy for stinky, but this "older" guy got on the elliptical RIGHT next to me (Not sure why that one since there were about 20 others empty!), and he just smelled BAD from minute one. It may have had to do with what he was wearing, one of those track suit outfits, with the warm up pants and jackets? (Notice I didn't mention a t-shirt? That's because he wasn't WEARING ONE - and he had his jacket completely unzipped. COME ON!)

I have to say though, the stinky gym guy did motivate me to hustle my buns - I was going to do 5K on the elliptical no matter how long it took me. I averaged just shy of 12 minutes for the first two miles, but I did that third mile in under 10 minutes - breathing through my mouth the WHOLE time.

I'm hopeful that stinkiness is only a Monday thing and the rest of my week will smell just fine ;)

3 comments:

Sally said...

People are sooo weird... I know someone who tells a story that there are four urinals in the men's toilets at his office, so he always takes one of the end ones, but there's one bloke who ALWAYS takes the one right next to him, even if the other two are free. I thought everyone knew the personal space rules, but I guess not ;).

Keri Donald said...

Yummy! How's Tuesday been treating your nose? :)

Nicole4FLDU said...

so happy to see you blogging again!