29.9.08

The longest 5 to 14 weeks ever!

After waiting 4 months, 18 weeks, or 129 very long days, I FINALLY got a decision on my HSMP visa. Not that I've been anxiously waiting and counting the days...

I've been expecting a decision all week, and had contemplated calling the Home Office for my decision. I have just been too nervous. Early last week the UK Border Agency posted on their website they were processing applications from May 19th, and people on trackitt.com (a forum website that other UK immigrants share their thoughts, fears, experiences, etc) with higher reference numbers were posting decisions and people with application dates after mine were as well, but I was just too nervous!! That and the HO is open from like 9 to 4 (which is 1 am to 8 am for me); totally not convenient.

So, I just checked my mail, every day, and hoped that I'd get a package with all my documentation and an acceptance letter. And when I got home from the gym Friday night, I had a notice saying that I had a package waiting for me at the post office.

I barely slept any Friday night, just waiting for the post office to open so I could finally just KNOW. I woke up early and got to the post office at 9:01. By 9:03, I had ripped the package open; finally, I had my decision. My application was approved.

I'm still in a state of shock. Technically, I've been waiting for this letter for 4 months, but I started the application preparation well over a year ago. It's so weird that it's finally here, and my move over is imminent! I am very, very excited.

Next step is applying for an entry clearance. It is a much quicker process; I apply from an embassy in Los Angles (and not the Home Office in the UK). I have to submit 3 months worth of bank statements certifying that I've maintained a minimum balance and get some biometric data taken. Sounds easy enough, but I'm sure I'll end up worrying unnecessarily over that part of the process as well. ;)

5 comments:

Sally said...

I don't know about the longest 5-14 weeks, the time it took me to scan the first 4 paragraphs of your post and get to the good stuff seemed like an age...

I can't tell you how pleased I am! If it wasn't after midnight your time I would call you and say congratulations, but I'll try and email or Skype you later on today.

Sooo excited to see you soon!

Keri Donald said...

Awe! Jilly is leaving the country... again! :( While over there, I hope you keep your Fancy-ness and always keep your fanny clean! I know Sally will take good care of your (although, I'm sure she'll say you're on your own with your fanny).

Nikki said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Sean said...

Congratulations! Flight times from Dulles to Heathrow are shorter than to Sea-Tac ;-)

Nicole4FLDU said...

yeah! about time! woohoooo!