8.12.08

Manly: Not just an adjective

Because we ended up going to sleep at 1 pm on Sunday, neither Ben or I had eaten anything for almost 24 hours. We woke up at 3:30 am, unable to sleep any longer, but doubtful we'd find anything open at such an hour that would serve food. Like any good addicts, Ben and I took the opportunity to watch all our queued TV shows ;)

Finally, it was 6 am, never have I ever so intently watched a clock hoping for 6 am to come! We ventured out, in our summer vacation best, and promptly ran into rain and wind and general coldness! We re-found a french cafe with covered sidewalk seating (which we had eaten a croissant - our only Sunday food- at the previous day). Ben ordered a Big Breakfast and I ordered a crepe. For some reason, my crepe took it's sweet time getting to me, so long in fact, Ben had FINISHED his brekky by the time I got my food. *For the record, there were only 2 of us at the table, NOT 5. ;)

After breakfast, we checked out of the hotel and drove wildly around Sydney, and out through some super posh suburbs. We stopped off for a bit in Manly, but it was kinda chilly and overcast. We did have some success, we got lunch and bought Ben a cossie (swimsuit). The sales guy was trying his hardest to teach me how to say "Cairns" while Ben was trying on suits...I never did get it...After walking around a bit more, we returned to the car and started heading north again....

No comments: