26.11.06

For not going anywhere, I sure have done a lot!

So it’s been a while since my last blog update. Mostly cause I haven’t done much, but oddly enough, its because I’ve been so busy! Once I returned from Finland, I had to get down to doing some real homework. First on my list was an awful Corporate Responsibility paper that took us forever to finish! Also had to write two other papers at the same time, one for Global Politics and one for International Business. And when I wasn’t busy writing my papers, I found plenty of things to keep me busy! From drinks with Jon, Anita and Nils (complete with 3 a.m. kebabs) to an educational Norwegian Parliament tour (the U.S. has the oldest “still-in-use” constitution of any other nation!), to bowling and drinks with my friends (beer and sprite together??), to US Election Night drinks with the Global Politics class (pointless, considering Norway is 6 hours ahead of any US time zone), to a birthday surprise for Uli (who knew advent calendars are that popular?), to an evening of "Christmas Beer" and Potato Balls (and cardiac arrest sauce) with Jon and Anita, to a trip south to Drøback (Norway’s Christmas/Jul town) and Fredrikstad, and to a long overdue visit to the Munch Museet and National Gallery (only saw one copy of Madonna and/or the Scream, but did see the “heightened security”); it has been a very busy month! Throw in some James Bond, dessert at the Hard Rock Café, and a midnight stroll through Vigeland, it has been a very fun month as well!

Not to mention my pseudo-Thanksgiving celebration- which was in of itself an interesting dinner! Along with the 3 other American (there is a total of 4 of us, but one guy travels more than I do and he was out of town) BI students, I dined on Turkey (albeit more of a turkey breast) and a variety of other Thanksgiving staples, which were all good, but just a little “off”. I was tasked with making green bean casserole… Sounds easy, but after 2 days of grocery shopping, I gave up on finding fried onions, and my recipe (found via the internet) had cups and Fahrenheit, so with a little converting, I think I did pretty well! And there is absolutely NO cranberry sauce in all of Oslo we concluded, but we resisted the urge of having Lingonberries…somehow though, Diane managed to find pumpkin pie filling!

And as my time is winding down here in Oslo, had my last class this past week (and I realized it was my VERY last class- EVER since I’ll be graduating soon!), I have to focus all my attention on finals now. And as much as I’m dreading my finals, as soon as I’m done I’ll be hitting the road (or actually air) hard; I already have many trips planned for my remaining weeks in Europe! On Wednesday, I’ll be flying to England to spend a few days in London, then flying to Scotland, and even Ireland before returning to Oslo in time for the Nobel Day (December 10th) festivities.

Not sure if I’ll have time to update my blog between now and then, but I’ll do my best! In the meantime, I have to go study!

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

It's been so exciting to read about all of your adventures! I'm SOOO glad that you decided to do this exchange student thing. What an awesome opportunity! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your travels and to see you again in January. :)

P.S. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!